🥞 Mouthwatering Sourdough Discard Pancakes Recipe 🥞
Mouthwatering Sourdough Discard Pancakes
You will need:
- 1 cup sourdough discard
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Cooking spray or additional butter for the pan
- Start by combining the all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the sourdough discard, buttermilk, egg, and melted butter until well combined.
- Gradually add the wet mixture into the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; it's okay if there are a few lumps.
- Preheat your griddle or non-stick pan over medium heat and lightly grease with cooking spray or butter.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake onto the griddle. Cook until bubbles form on the surface, then flip and cook until golden brown on the other side.
- Serve the pancakes warm with your favorite toppings.
For fluffier pancakes, let the batter sit for 10 minutes before cooking. This allows the baking powder to react with the other ingredients, creating small air pockets that will expand during cooking and make the pancakes light and fluffy.
There's no better way to start your day than with a stack of warm, fluffy pancakes. But what if we told you that you could take your pancake game to the next level with our Mouthwatering Sourdough Discard Pancakes recipe? Yes, you heard it right! You can transform your sourdough discard into a breakfast delight that's not just delicious but also sustainable.
Our recipe combines the tangy flavor of sourdough with the classic comfort of pancakes, creating a unique breakfast experience that's sure to impress. But the magic doesn't stop there. The use of sourdough discard doesn't just add an interesting flavor twist, it also helps in reducing food waste, making your breakfast both tasty and eco-friendly.
Wondering about other ways to use your sourdough discard? We've got you covered! From delicious crackers to magical doughnuts, and even pizza dough, there are countless ways to transform your sourdough discard into mouthwatering treats.
If you're new to the world of sourdough, you might be wondering what to do with leftover sourdough starter. Don't worry, we have a whole range of creative and delicious solutions for you. And if you're looking for more pancake inspiration, check out our creative non-traditional pancake recipes that use sourdough starter.
So, why wait? Dig out that sourdough discard from your fridge and get ready to whip up a batch of these amazing sourdough discard pancakes. Trust us, your taste buds will thank you!