🍞 Baker Betty's Favorite Sourdough Bread Recipe 🥖
Baker Betty's Favorite Sourdough Bread
You will need:
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1.5 cups lukewarm water
- 1.5 tsp salt
- Begin by mixing the sourdough starter, bread flour, and lukewarm water together in a large bowl. Let it sit for about 30 minutes.
- After the dough has rested, add the salt and knead the mixture until it becomes a smooth, elastic dough.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a damp cloth, and let it rise for about 5 hours, or until it doubles in size.
- After the dough has risen, shape it into a loaf and let it rest for another 2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the loaf in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Let the bread cool before slicing.
Remember, the key to a good sourdough is patience. The longer you let it rise, the better the flavor will be. Also, keep in mind that the sourdough starter should be fed and active before you begin this recipe.
Embark on a delightful journey of baking with Baker Betty's Favorite Sourdough Bread recipe. This recipe is a testament to the beauty of simplicity and the magic of patience. With just four ingredients and a bit of time, you can create a loaf of bread that is both delicious and nutritious.
As you dive into this recipe, remember that the key to great homemade sourdough is patience. The longer you allow your dough to rise, the more complex and satisfying the flavors will become. This is the art of sourdough bread making, where time is as essential an ingredient as the flour and water.
Before you begin, ensure your sourdough starter is active and well-fed. If you're new to this, don't worry. We have a comprehensive guide on popular sourdough starter recipes to help you get started. Remember, a healthy starter is the foundation of a good sourdough bread.
Once you've mastered this recipe, the world of sourdough baking opens up with endless possibilities. From creative sourdough sandwiches to guilt-free sourdough donuts, there's a sourdough delight for every taste and occasion.
So, roll up your sleeves, dust off your apron, and get ready to immerse yourself in the world of sourdough baking. Remember, every loaf you bake is a testament to your patience and passion. Happy Baking!