🍞 Apricot Walnut Sourdough Bread Recipe 🥐
Apricot Walnut Sourdough Bread
You will need:
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup dried apricots (chopped)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 5 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- First, combine the sourdough starter, water, chopped apricots, chopped walnuts, and bread flour in a large bowl.
- Allow the mixture to rest for about 30 minutes. This resting period helps the flour to absorb the water and makes the dough easier to handle.
- After the resting period, add the salt to the mixture. Knead the dough until it becomes smooth and elastic. This process develops the gluten in the flour, giving the bread its structure.
- Cover the dough and let it rise in a warm place for about 12 hours. This long fermentation period is key to developing the sourdough's characteristic tangy flavor.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, shape it into a loaf. Let it rise for another 2-4 hours until it has increased in size.
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (232°C) and bake the loaf for about 30-40 minutes. The bread should have a golden-brown crust and sound hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Let the bread cool on a wire rack before slicing to allow the interior to finish cooking from the residual heat.
This bread is a perfect blend of tart apricots and crunchy walnuts. It's excellent for a breakfast toast or a snack.
Introducing the Apricot Walnut Sourdough Bread - a delightful blend of tart apricots and crunchy walnuts that will elevate your sourdough bread game to new heights. This recipe is perfect for those who crave a touch of sweetness and a satisfying crunch in every bite. Whether you enjoy it as a breakfast toast or a snack, this bread is sure to impress.
To create this delectable bread, you will need a few key ingredients. Start with 1 cup of sourdough starter, which adds that distinct tangy flavor and helps achieve a light and airy texture. Combine it with 1 1/2 cups of water, 1/2 cup of chopped dried apricots, and 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts. These ingredients bring a burst of fruity sweetness and a delightful nuttiness to the bread. Finally, add 5 cups of bread flour and 2 teaspoons of salt to create the perfect dough.
Now, let's dive into the instructions. Begin by mixing all the ingredients except the salt in a large bowl. Allow the mixture to rest for 30 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together. Then, add the salt and knead the dough until it becomes smooth and elastic. This step is crucial for developing the gluten and ensuring a light and airy texture in the final bread.
After kneading, let the dough rise for 12 hours, allowing it to develop its signature sourdough flavor and texture. Once the dough has risen, shape it into a loaf and let it rise for an additional 2-4 hours. This second rise helps create a beautiful, evenly shaped loaf with a lovely crust.
Preheat your oven to 450°F (232°C) and place the shaped loaf on a baking sheet or in a Dutch oven. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom. The aroma that fills your kitchen as the bread bakes is simply irresistible.
Once your Apricot Walnut Sourdough Bread is ready, allow it to cool slightly before slicing into it. The combination of tart apricots, crunchy walnuts, and the tangy sourdough flavor is a match made in bread heaven. Enjoy a slice on its own, or toast it and spread your favorite toppings for a delightful breakfast or snack.
So, why not take your sourdough bread baking to the next level with this Apricot Walnut Sourdough Bread recipe? It's a delicious and unique twist on a classic, and it's sure to impress your family and friends. Try it today and experience the delightful flavors and textures that this bread has to offer. Happy baking!